Sunday, August 4, 2013

LEGO Palace Cinema and Modifications


Hello and here are some modifications I made to my LEGO Palace Cinema.

In general, there were some big modifications, and small modifications. I will point out my favorite mods and ones that seem to be an issue in the reviews.

Here is the Palace Cinema

Some of the reviews complained about the roof not being completed. Because I don't have the correct parts, the best that I can do is to top off the roof. 

One of my favorite mods is this rolling screen. You can see it utilizes a set of bevel gears to transmit the motion to the rubber wheels that turn my custom rolling screen. 

Here is my custom movie projector and platform. The platform was raised by one brick to allow a custom gear box. The movie projector can also hold a light from the power functions light. 

By removing the diagonal window, the platform, and the pillar, you can see the motor, gears, and universal joints. 

The seats are staggered so that the audiences' heads don't block others from viewing my iPod Touch. The red curtain is removable for easy installation. 

A hole behind the exit sign allows the iPod Touch's USB cable to connect to the device. The movie playing is the trailer for LEGO's new movie:"The LEGO Movie". 

The exit sign can be removed to access the volume controls easily. 

Minor modifications were made here. I added some at the bottom. and removed the rail.


Here is a video showing the rolling screen. The screen features the titles of two movies both developed by LEGO. 

And there it is, the modifications for my Palace Cinema. I'm pretty sure you can use your own mobile devices, and play videos for your minifigures to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment